How to Install DigiCert SSL Certificate
1 August, 2017 - This is a guide on how to create and install DigiCert SSL certificate on new or existing servers. Based on feedback from customers, we explain in specific detail on steps that commonly causes problem.
When you place an order with Unox Solutions, we will guide you through the registration steps below in order to generate the SSL certificate for you.
- If this is a new server implementation, your server must be ready with the operating system installed. You should ensure the server is up and running before initiating the SSL registration.
- You need to generate a file called Certificate Signing Request (CSR) from your server. This file will be required during SSL registration to identify the server that will be using the SSL certificate.
- Ensure that you can access at least one of the email account below. This email address will be used by DigiCert to verify that you own the domain. If you do not have access to this email account, you can either create it (just to receive the verification email) or update the domain owner email address with your hosting provider.
Once you are ready with the pre-requisite items above, you can start by sending the following information to us :
- Your organization information, which includes the following :
- Company name
- Company address
- Server software to secure. This is the software that is going to use the SSL certificate later (eg. Microsoft IIS, Microsoft Exchange, Apache, etc.)
- The CSR file generated from your server.
Optionally, you can specify a technical contact in your organization to receive all the technical information related to the SSL certificate direct from DigiCert.
Unox Solutions will then submit the information above to DigiCert to initiate the SSL registration process.
Next, you will receive a verification email from DigiCert. You will have to click on the verification link in the email to complete the process.
Finally, the SSL certificate will be generated and sent to you electronically. You can proceed to install the SSL certificate in your server software. The steps to install varies according to your server software.
You can repeat the same steps above for each server that you want to secure using the SSL certificate. Note that DigiCert allows you create SSL certificate for unlimited servers, but you have to generate a CSR file for each server.
For DigiCert Malaysia pricing information, please contact our sales consultant for the DigiCert product you are interested in.